Products - Traffic Systems - MRS
MOBILE LANE SIGNALLING SYSTEM
AN INNOVATIVE TRAFFIC INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR SAFETY AND TRAFFIC CIRCULATION ON MOTORWAYS.
By displaying traffic information above the traffic lanes at a.o. road works, safety will be increased enormously for both road workers and road users.
For this reason Hytrans Systems b.v. has developed Mobile Lane Signalling in close
co-operation with Rijkswaterstaat (Dutch Ministry of Transport and Public Works) with the view to improving the manner in which drivers are notified of changes in the road situations, especially during road works.
From the motorway's hard shoulder the system positions data carriers above the traffic lanes to clearly inform road users about traffic situations by displaying information above the traffic lanes. The systems are mobile and independent with respect to energy supply, this means they can be deployed anywhere where traffic needs to be regulated and controlled.
Hytrans Traffic System has already delivered more than 40 units Mobile Traffic Information systems which are daily in use.
MRS can be used on 2- and 3-lane motorways.
Concerning safety aspects and lane visibility, the installations comply with the Mobile Lane Signaling System (MRS) Program of Requirements published by the Dutch Ministry of Transport, Public Works and Water Management, Transport Research Center (AVV), January 2001.
MRS in operation
- System designed mobile through mounting on skid and deep-loader
- MRS low-loader version mounted on low-loader (weight ± 150 kN)
- MRS skid version mounted on sub-frame (weight ± 110 kN)
- MRS set transportable by one truck and operational by one driver
- Independent with respect to energy supply
- Emergency power supply about 5 hours
- Simple operation
- Operation from traffic-free and verge side
- Micro processor controlled and monitored
- Automatic stabilize and leveling
- Equipped as standard with crash cushion
- Equipped as standard with hard shoulder markings
- Operational within 5 minutes (2 MRS within 15 min.)
- Clear headroom more than 5 meters
- Suitable for 2- and 3 lane motorways
- Can be used up to wind force 10 Beaufort
- Dimensions traffic lane indicators 950 x 950 mm
- Continuously adjusted light intensity related to background luminance
- Through the large viewing angle displayed information can be seen over a large distance reach and several traffic lanes
- Light systems redundant
- Pre-setting new signaling
- Single button changing of lane signaling images
- EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility) test report complete MRS available
- MRS can be equipped with a GSM/GPS module what makes the systems to be monitored from a control centre